VastRoot clients are seen by appointment only.
- Payment is due on the date of your session. VastRoot accepts cash, credit & debit cards, and personal checks. In the event of a bounced check, a $35 fee will be added to your original bill to recuperate bank fees.
- An itemized receipt can be emailed to you for submission to your insurance provider or Flexible Spending Account.
24-hour Cancellation Policy
- There is no charge for appointment changes or cancellations made at least 24 hours before your appointment.
- If you have to change or cancel within 24 hours and can reschedule right away, a $15 fee will be added to your next visit.
- Otherwise, same-day cancellations and missed appointments (no-shows) will be charged in full.
- Appointments made within 24 hours are subject to this cancellation policy.
- When in doubt, please call to discuss your situation. Communication is the key to problem-solving!
Massage Therapy FAQ’s
- I want to keep my appointment, but I just got a cold/virus. Should I come in? Please reschedule your appointment. When you’re sick, your body needs to focus all available energy on the immune response. Plus, contagious conditions put your therapist and other clients at risk.
- What’s the deal with undressing? How much do I have to take off? Disrobing allows unobstructed access to the skin and underlying muscles and techniques from Swedish, Deep Tissue, and Myofascial Therapy modalities are best performed without the barrier of clothing.
- Why do I keep my clothes on for Shiatsu and Thai Massage? Wearing flexible clothing during treatment is standard practice for Eastern modalities like Shiatsu and Thai Massage, which involve more passive stretching and joint mobilization. Remaining clothed allows for maximum movement.
- I don’t know which style of massage I want. How do I choose? Descriptions of each modality are listed here and you are welcome to call with questions. The intake prior to your session is the perfect time to discuss your needs. If no specific modality is selected, I employ an Integrative Massage style that blends techniques from multiple modality to address your body’s needs.
- Do you make house calls? Yes, within the East Bay only right now. Travel/setup fees apply. Inquire for details.
- I have an upcoming special event and I’d like to hire a massage therapist to work on guests. Do you do events? YES! Massage is a wonderful addition to your event and either a massage chair or massage table can be brought to your location. Guests at auctions, fundraisers, bridal/wedding events, birthday parties, and other social gatherings regularly rave about the presence of a massage therapist. Please inquire about hourly rates and travel/setup fees.
- My company would like to hire a massage therapist to massage the employees at our office. Do you do corporate/on-site professional massage? YES! Offering massage therapy to your employees is an amazing way to foster the health of your team and enhance company loyalty. Depending on the space available for massage work, either a massage chair or massage table and all supplies will be transported to you. Please inquire about hourly rates and travel/setup fees.
- How can I save money on bodywork?
If you are within the 24-hour cancellation window, please call Cat and discuss your options to avoid fees. Health is always top priority.
When undressing, some clients prefer to leave their underwear on while others prefer to remove everything and lie naked underneath the sheet & blanket. Either way, your privacy is protected during your session through professional draping techniques.
If you prefer not to undress, that’s totally fine! Your body is yours to control and I do not require that you undress. Your comfort is top priority and all work can be adjusted to your preferences.
Light, flexible, and/or loose garments are ideal and you are welcome to bring a change of clothes.
There are several ways to save on bodywork sessions:
* Purchasing a package of 3, 5 or 10 sessions ahead of time to make each one cheaper. Click here for package rates!
* You receive a 15% discount on 1 treatment during your birthday month! Mention it when you book to get your gift!
* Refer a friend and receive 30% off your next session! Want multiple referral discounts? Refer more friends! For every 3 referrals, you earn a free 60-minute massage! Limit 1 discount per client referred, but there is no limit to the number of referrals you can make and redeem. New client must provide your name when they book and attend their first appointment before you can redeem your discount.